All team members play an active role on multiple projects across several domains at once. All positions provide a pathway to more senior roles within ideas42 and are excellent preparation for a wide range of roles in both the private and public sectors. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Diagnosing behavioral problems and designing behaviorally informed interventions and products
- Leading project research, such as literature reviews, surveys, and interviews
- Drafting grant proposals, policy papers, and other external communication materials
- Assisting with management of field projects, including drafting and revising high-quality deliverables and ongoing communication with funders and partners
- Analyzing quantitative data from randomized controlled trials (RCTs)
Who Are We Looking For?
Much of our work hinges on our ability to ask the right questions. As a result, we seek inquisitive, resourceful, analytical individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. A passion for understanding human behavior, pursuing innovation, and promoting the social good is critical, but prior expertise or training in behavioral economics or psychology is not required. Specific qualifications include:
• Mission-aligned, self-starter, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of statistics. Experience with Stata is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to high-quality output
• Record of academic excellence; Smart, logical and structured thinkers, who are also creative
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 0-4 years work experience
Location: Washington, DC (strongly preferred) or New York City
Compensation: Competitive within the non-profit industry;
Qualifies for loan forgiveness or Federal Work-Study based on 501(c)3 status
Work Authorization: Candidates must already be authorized to work in the U.S.
- ideas42 Coffee Chats for Undergraduates
Come talk with a member of our ideas42 team on Thursday, October 6th from 2-4pm at Book Trader Cafe to learn about full-time Associate opportunities for undergraduates. All majors are welcome. Sign up for a 30-minute time slot here.
- ideas42 Information Session for Graduate Students
Please join the ideas42 team on Thursday, October 6th from 11:45am-12:45pm in SOM 4430 to learn about our full-time Associate and Senior Associate opportunities for graduates students.