Banking Research Associate
The Banking Research Department conducts economic research on banking related topics. Department economists publish their research in academic and Reserve Bank journals and present at academic and Federal Reserve System conferences. The Department also prepares memos and briefings on regulatory
and policy issues for the Bank’s senior management. The Department is looking for a Research Associate or Assistant Economist to support its economists in their research efforts. The anticipated duration of this position is for two years.
• Assist department economists in conducting research on banking and financial market topics for
publication and briefings of Bank senior management and Division senior staff.
• Key responsibilities include gathering, developing, and maintaining data sets; analyzing data
using econometric or statistical software; preparing charts, tables, and other materials for
presentations and briefings; researching literature for research projects; and writing summary
reports on research findings and data analyses.
• Experienced Research Associates and Assistant Economists perform more advanced econometric and
statistical analysis, develop computer applications for data analysis, participate in research
projects for publication, write for Bank publications, and deliver speeches on banking and
financial market topics to civic, business, and educational groups. Assistant Economists may
independently prepare and deliver policy briefings for the Bank’s senior management and coordinate
activities of more junior staff.
Required Education and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, statistics or a closely related field with a strong
academic record. Master’s or other advanced degree strongly preferred.
• Strong understanding of banking, finance, economics, and/or financial markets.
• Strong understanding of econometrics and experience using econometric, statistical, or other
data analysis software.
• Knowledge of bank financial data (Call Reports) is preferred.
• Experience working with large datasets and R or Tableau software is preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Click here to apply for Banking Research Associate.
• Please attach a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript.
• Apply by April 23, 2017 to be considered.
• Applications will be pre-screened prior to interview selections. You will receive notification
if you have been selected to for a phone interview.
• In some cases, positions require access to confidential supervisory information, access to
which is limited to “Protected Individuals” as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of
the Federal Reserve System, 12 CFR 268.205. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to,
U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and lawful permanent resident aliens (also known as “green card
holders”) who are eligible for and seeking United States citizenship within the requisite