All team members play an active role on multiple projects. Given the startup nature of the organization, this is a rare opportunity for someone to experience and build the world’s premier behavioral ideas lab and consulting firm. You will work side-by-side with world-renowned economists and psychologists and will be expected to contribute significantly to the development of the organization. All positions provide a pathway to more senior roles within ideas42, and are also excellent preparation for a wide range of roles in the private and public sectors. Responsibilities may include:
• Managing field projects, including design and implementation, and serving as the day-to-day contact for partners and clients
• Diagnosing behavioral symptoms and designing behaviorally informed interventions and products
• Researching and learning emerging technologies, and developing products
• Assisting/leading project research, such as surveys and interviews, and writing grant proposals and policy papers
• Participating in internal strategy development and assisting with new approaches to organizational transformation
Who Are We Looking For?
We seek inquisitive, resourceful, analytical individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. A passion for understanding consumer behavior and innovation is critical, but prior expertise or training in behavioral economics or psychology is not required. Specific qualifications include:
• Mission aligned, self-starter, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of statistics. Experience with Stata is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a commitment to high quality output
• We are especially interested in candidates with a background in strategy, marketing, or product management. Client-facing experience is a plus
• Must have a Master’s or equivalent plus 4-8 years of relevant work experience
Location: Washington, DC (strongly preferred) or New York City
Compensation: Competitive within the non-profit industry;
Qualifies for loan forgiveness or Federal Work-Study based on 501(c)3 status
Work Authorization: Candidates must already be authorized to work in the U.S.
- ideas42 Coffee Chats for Undergraduates
Come talk with a member of our ideas42 team on Thursday, October 6th from 2-4pm at Book Trader Cafe to learn about full-time Associate opportunities for undergraduates. All majors are welcome. Sign up for a 30-minute time slot here.
- ideas42 Information Session for Graduate Students
Please join the ideas42 team on Thursday, October 6th from 11:45am-12:45pm in SOM 4430 to learn about our full-time Associate and Senior Associate opportunities for graduates students.