PREDOC x Opportunity Insights Summer Course in Big Data Applications are now open and deadline is May 20, 2022. Please see more details below for the application link and course details. In addition, we’re also looking for speakers to assist with professional development and sharing their experiences in the social sciences with course participants. Please, reach out to Michelle if you’d like to help.
Taught in collaboration with Opportunity Insight, this course will provide students with six weeks of instruction that will hone their coding skills and further their ability to utilize large data set to answer questions in the social sciences. This course will have two tracks, one for students who are considering a transition to the social sciences and want to learn more about a variety of fields in Economics, and one for students who are ready to engage in more advanced analysis and want to produce a capstone project. The course begins July 5 and will run through August 12. Participants will receive a $2,000 stipend and STATA license as part of the course. Interested students should apply here by May 20.
The course will give students an opportunity to:
- Develop their ability to pose and answer meaningful questions in the social sciences using a rigorous research methodology
- Gain experience with large, real-world data sets
- Prepare, present, and get feedback on a research project from discipline experts
- Sharpen their professional and communication skills through a series of weekly workshops
- Network with fellow students interested in a similar career
- Further understand the pathway to a career in research
Additional questions can be sent to email@example.com.