Rethinking Political Representation
Speaker: Elisa Celis, Yale; Mark Gorton, Tower Research Capital; Hélène Landemore, Yale; Rob Ritchie, Fair Vote
Moderated by Alan Gerber, Yale and Steven Wilkinson, Yale
How can we improve our system of elections and representation? A panel of innovators will discuss new and important ideas for reforming democratic representation, including deliberative assemblies, representation lotteries, quota systems, and ranked choice voting. Please join Elisa Celis, Mark Gorton, Hélène Landemore, and Rob Ritchie for an engaging discussion of ways to reorganize our institutions of collective choice.
- Elisa Celis, Assistant Professor of Statistics & Data Science, Yale University
- Mark Gorton, Founder and Chairman, Tower Research Capital
- Hélène Landemore, Associate Professor of Political Science, Yale University
- Rob Ritchie, President and CEO, FairVote
- Alan Gerber, Charles C. & Dorathea S. Dilley Professor of Political Science, Director of ISPS, and Dean of the FAS Social Science Division, Yale University
- Steven Wilkinson, Nilekani Professor of India and South Asian Studies, Professor of Political Science and International Affairs, and Henry R. Luce Director at the Yale MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies
This is a non-partisan event that is free and open to the public, but registration is required in advance.
Follow us on Twitter @ISPSYale #ISPSdemocracy