- Download and install the Filezilla client for your computer system from the FileZilla download page.
- Once installed, launch Filezilla and enter the following information in the fields under the toolbar at the top of the window:
- Host: vm-aidaprd-01.econ.yale.edu
- Username: Your Yale NetID
- Password: Your Yale Password
- Port: 22
HINT: After successfully logging into the server, your authentication information will be saved. For future sessions, use the dropdown arrow to the right of the Quickconnect button and select the server from the history list (The path structure will contain you Yale NetID, e.g., sftp://YOUR NETID@vm-aidaprd-01.econ.yale.edu).
- The first time you connect to the server, the program will ask you to save your password. Select the “save passwords” option.
- You will also be prompted to trust the host before connecting. Check the “Always trust this host, add this key to the cache” box and click the OK button. You will not see this message again if the box is checked.
- Once connected to the the Aida server, your file share will show in the right column.
- The display is split in two columns; the left column shows your local computer drive and the right column shows your share on the Aida server.
- The two upper panes show the folder structure on your local computer (left column) and on the Aida server (right column).
- The two lower panes show the files/folder within a selected folder from the corresponding top box.
- Files can be copied to and from the server by dragging and dropping to the destination folder.
- File options, e.g., edit, rename, delete, etc. can be seen by right-clicking on a file.
- Additional information can be found on the Filezilla documentation page: https://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Documentation