I have taken exams either in high-school or elsewhere that are not the standard US exams [e.g., I took A’levels or I took a college course]. Should I talk with the DUS?

It depends. If you are happy with your placement then you are good to go. If you think you need a new placement, please talk to the DUS. Bring with you documentation that confirms your grade in these courses. If possible, also bring the syllabus or details of the course you took just in case it is a new one for us.