Senior essays can be 1-term or 2-term essays. The difference between a 1-term and a 2-term essay is the 2-term essay is broader in scope. Grading of the essay takes into account whether the essays are 1-term or 2-term. Most economics majors do 2-term essays.
Senior essays can be done in one of several ways:
- Enroll in Econ 491a in the fall of your senior year.
- Expand a term paper from a fall-term seminar in your senior year
- Please note that a 1-term essay cannot be done in the spring term of your senior year.
- Enroll in Econ 491a and Econ 492b
- Expand a term paper from a fall-term seminar and enroll in Econ 492b (depends on availability of seminar instructor; with permission of instructor and DUS only)