REMI is seeking Economic Associates to join its business development and client-facing team. The successful candidate will work with our team to extend our client network and develop new business opportunities.
REMI provides the nation’s leading economic policy analysis models. We actively engage with the analysis of major policy areas, from transportation and economic development to taxation. We examine specific issues such as trade and tariffs, immigration, Amazon HQ2.0 location, carbon tax, the Affordable Care Act, and transportation investments. Clients include: associations such as the Business Roundtable and the NFIB; consulting firms such as NERA, Charles River Associates, and Booz Allen Hamilton; and think tanks and universities like the University of Michigan. We also work with a range of government agencies, including Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Georgia Department of Transportation, and others.
Ideal candidates for this position will be motivated to:
- Engage with people in analytical and decision-making policy roles
- Drive forward REMI’s mission to inform policy with research-based analysis
- Travel extensively, reach out by phone and email to move business forward
- Develop skills in using REMI models, which are complex econometric models
Candidate requirements include:
- A commitment to providing objective and comprehensive analysis that improves the quality of public policy
- B.A. or M.S. in economics or related subject, with strong academic performance
- Extracurricular activities that demonstrate teamwork, initiative and/or leadership
- Enthusiasm for taking on a role that is intense and challenging
Founded in 1980, REMI (Regional Economic Models, Inc.) is the nation’s leading provider of regional forecasting and policy analysis software. REMI models are used by universities, consulting firms, associations, and the vast majority of state governments to answer “what if?” questions about the effect of policies on the economy. REMI is based in Amherst, Massachusetts.
Working for REMI
Employees of REMI receive a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits: paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and a 401K retirement plan.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and transcripts via email to: email@example.com.