Research Assistant opportunity: The effects of changes in mortality risk on labor supply and saving
We wish to hire a part-time undergraduate research assistant to support a research project on the effects of changes in mortality risk on individuals’ labor market and savings decisions. The research assistant will work directly with Prof Cormac O’Dea and coauthors. The primary tasks will be to help construct a dataset on fertility and mortality trends across time, to collect information on international social security systems and to help with the analysis of this data.
This project is excellent opportunity for anyone interested in cutting edge quantitative social science.
- Collect and harmonize data fertility, mortality, social security and savings for several countries at different points in time.
- Analysing the data and creating visualisations of research results
- Proficiency in some statistical software (e.g. R or Stata)
- Interest in working on an open-ended project
Time period, location and pay
We are looking for the RA to start at the start of the 2020 Fall term and work approximately 8 hour per week (flexible) for the duration of the Fall term, an extension to the spring term may be possible. Pay will not be lower than $15 per hour. The RA can work remotely.
- Short cover note (one to two paragraphs is sufficient)
- Unofficial transcript
- Sample of code that you have written
- A sample data visualization that you have produced (if available, not essential to apply)