Research Fellow – Yale Law School Details
• Two full-time positions available.
• Position begins June 2020 in New Haven, CT. Fellowships last for one year, with an option to renew for a second year by mutual agreement of the professor and the fellow.
• Salary will be competitive with other full-time research fellowship and research assistant positions.
Ian Ayres, the William K. Townsend Professor at Yale Law School, and Zachary Liscow, Associate Professor at Yale Law School, are seeking two empirical research assistants to assist with research projects. Day-to-day work includes brainstorming, conceptualization of suitable empirical methodologies, collecting and structuring datasets, performing econometric analysis in Stata and interpreting results, undertaking literature reviews, and drafting manuscripts. Work also may include implementing field experiments and conducting surveys.
In addition to working closely with Yale faculty, the program provides formal training and mentoring, as well as membership in a group of peer RAs working on different projects through the Tobin Center for Economic Policy at Yale.
Previous Fellows have gone on to attend top law schools, enroll in PhD programs, and win prestigious fellowships.
Professor Ayres’s recent research has included work on innovation policy, behavioral economics, corporate finance and law, civil rights, and contract law. For more information, visit his website, http://www.ianayres.com.
Professor Liscow’s research focuses on tax policy, inequality, and local public finance. For more information, visit his website, https://www.law.yale.edu/zachary-liscow.
• B.A. or M.A. in Economics/Statistics (or equivalent).
• Strong econometrics background and experience programming in Stata. Python programming experience a plus.
• Eagerness to take initiative and solve intricate problems.
Apply via the Tobin Center Predoctoral Fellow Program common application and list Ayres/Liscow as your first choice: https://tobin.yale.edu/tobin-predoctoral-fellows. Please include the contact details of two or three academic references. If you are interested in committing to work for two years (for which we have some preference), please state that.
Applications will be considered as long as this posting is on the NBER’s website and reviewed on a rolling basis. Unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship. Please do not hesitate to contact
Mia, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions about the position.