- Main Menu
- Sub Menu
- MA Program
- Considering An Econ Major?
- Major Requirements
- First-Year Placement
- Forms and Documents
- DUS/Advisor Office Hours
- Senior Essay
- Resources for Economics Majors
- Ph.D. Program Preparation
- Employment Opportunities
- Student Organizations
- Behavioral Sciences Workshop
- Cowles Lunch Talk
- Development Lunch
- Development Workshop
- Econometrics Prospectus Lunch
- Econometrics Research Workshop
- Econometrics Seminar
- Economic History Workshop
- Environmental Economics Seminar
- Faculty Recruiting
- Finance & Accounting Seminar (SOM)
- Graduate Summer Workshop
- Industrial Organization Prospectus Workshop
- Industrial Organization Seminar
- International Trade Lunch
- International Trade Workshop
- Labor/Public Economics Prospectus
- Labor/Public Economics Workshop
- LEO Workshop
- Leitner Political Economy Seminar
- Macro Lunch
- Macroeconomics Workshop
- Marketing Seminar (SOM)
- Micro Theory Lunch
- Microeconomic Theory Workshop
- Peer Mentoring
- Quantitative Research Methods Workshop
- Wasserman Workshop in Law & Finance
- YINS Distinguished Lecture Series
- YLS Center for the Study of Corporate Law
You are here
Evidence about Evidence-based Policy Making
The last few decades saw a big push toward “evidence-based policy making”, resulting in large-scale initiatives and projects such as those mentioned here:
There is little meta-evidence, however, about whether any of such evidence-based-policy-making movements resulted in any siginificant improvement in any important outcome.
In this project, we attempt to provide such “evidence about evidence-based policy making.”
Requisite Skills and Qualifications:
This project involves econometric/statistical and empirical aspects.
I am looking for an RA to help with any aspect the RA is interested in.
An ideal candidate is somebody who has done coursework in econometrics/statistics (especially causal inference) and empirical microeconomics (especially development, education, health, labor, public).
Please attach a transcript with your application.
Including a writing sample would be a plus though not required.
HSSRO Application Link
Project Year: Summer 2018 Herb Scarf Summer Research Projects