- Main Menu
- Sub Menu
- MA Program
- Considering An Econ Major?
- Major Requirements
- First-Year Placement
- Forms and Documents
- DUS/Advisor Office Hours
- Senior Essay
- Resources for Economics Majors
- Ph.D. Program Preparation
- Employment Opportunities
- Student Organizations
- Behavioral Sciences Workshop
- Cowles Lunch Talk
- Development Lunch
- Development Workshop
- Econometrics Prospectus Lunch
- Econometrics Research Workshop
- Econometrics Seminar
- Economic History Workshop
- Environmental Economics Seminar
- Faculty Recruiting
- Finance & Accounting Seminar (SOM)
- Graduate Summer Workshop
- Industrial Organization Prospectus Workshop
- Industrial Organization Seminar
- International Trade Lunch
- International Trade Workshop
- Labor/Public Economics Prospectus
- Labor/Public Economics Workshop
- LEO Workshop
- Leitner Political Economy Seminar
- Macro Lunch
- Macroeconomics Workshop
- Marketing Seminar (SOM)
- Micro Theory Lunch
- Microeconomic Theory Workshop
- Peer Mentoring
- Quantitative Research Methods Workshop
- Wasserman Workshop in Law & Finance
- YINS Distinguished Lecture Series
- YLS Center for the Study of Corporate Law
Causal Machine Learning
Award:James Baker '18Anthony Amadeo '18
Imagine Google is running A/B tests (randomized experiments) that randomly assign billions of Youtube video ads to billions of user impressions, each of which then produces some outcome like a click.
For more on Youtube ads, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0eUrUiyxo
Google/Youtube/advertisers are interested in what kind of video ads are effective at changing user behavior.
How should we extract video features that drive treatment effects?
This project attempts to answer this question by combining causal inference and machine learning (especially computer vision techniques with deep learning).
Requisite Skills and Qualifications:
I am looking for an RA to help with either method or empirical side of this project.
An ideal candidate is somebody who has done coursework and has strong interests in econometrics/statistics (especially causal inference) and machine learning (especially computer vision and image recognition).
Hands-on experience in machine learning algorithms is a big plus.
Please attach a transcript with your application.
Including a writing sample would be a plus though not required.
RAship: Tobin RA
Tobin ApplicationProject Year: Fall 2017 Tobin Research Projects