The Economic Research Department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is recruiting for the position of Research Associate.
Key Activities Include:
• Working with Ph.D. economists on academic research projects and monetary policy briefings.
• Gathering and analyzing data, programming economic models, and preparing briefings on economic
and financial conditions.
• More experienced Research Associates participate in research targeted at peer-reviewed journals,
write for Bank publications, and deliver speeches to civic and educational groups.
These are excellent positions for someone considering a Ph.D. in economics.
Research Associates build significant human capital, including developing technical skills and
learning about a broad range of research topics. Most Research Associates stay with the department
for two to years and then return to graduate school. In recent years, Research Associates have gone
on to Ph.D. programs at Boston College, New York University, Stanford University, University of
Chicago, University of Michigan, and University of Minnesota.
The anticipated duration of this position is for two years.
Required Education and Skills:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics or a closely related field, such as statistics,
computer science, or mathematics.
• Coursework or experience in econometrics, math, statistics, statistical software, and
quantitative modeling software is highly desirable.
• Very strong academic record.
• High proficiency with personal computers and spreadsheet software.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Click here to apply for Research Associate
• Please attach a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript copy.
• Only US citizens and citizens of Canada and Mexico who qualify for the TN visa will be
• Applications will be pre-screened prior to interview selections. You will receive notification if
you have been selected to for a phone interview.
For more information on the Economic Research Department and the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas
City, please visit us on the web at www.kansascityfed.org.