The new Aida server will require software to access files on your personal share. Two applications are recommended depending upon your computer operating system and preference: Filezilla (Mac and Windows) or WinSCP (Windows only).
Instructions connecting to your share using WinSCP are found below.
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows.
- Download and install the corresponding WinSCP client on your computer (Windows only):
Click here to download the WinSCP Installer
- Once installed, launch WinSCP and enter the following information in the login window fields and click the Login button:
- File protocol: SFTP
- Host name: vm-aidaprd-01.econ.yale.edu
- Port number: 22
- User name: Your Yale NetID
- Password: Your Yale Password
HINT: Click the Save button under the User name field to save your session information (choose to save password by checking Save password box when prompted, although not recommended). After your login information has been saved, select your profile from the history list in the left pane for future sessions (NETID@vm-aidaprd-01.econ.yale.edu).
- You will be prompted to trust the host before connecting. Click the Yes button. You will not see this message again.
- Once connected to the Aida server, your file share will show in the right column.
- The display is split in two columns; the left column shows your local computer drive and the right column shows your share on the Aida server.
- Files can be copied to and from the server by dragging and dropping to the destination folder.
- File options, e.g., edit, rename, delete, etc. can be seen by right-clicking on a file.
- Additional information can be found on the WinSCP help page: https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guides