Studying how initial resources, incentives, and constraints influence decision-making and the outcomes that these decisions produce
Welcome to the Yale Economics Program
Thanks for your interest in the economics major at Yale! Many people think economics is the study of phenomena such as recessions and inflation, and perhaps of financial markets as well. While these themes are important, there is so much more to the economics discipline.
For example, are you interested in understanding…
- What interventions help poor people to attain more prosperous outcomes?
- How national health reform is affecting the nation’s health and wealth?
- How international trade affects the environment?
- How the economic system interacts with political institutions?
- Why there are gender and racial wage gaps?
Then come explore economics at Yale. Learn more in our Letter from the DUS.
DUS & Registrar
115 Prospect St., Room 334
Tue 2:30-4:00 (in person)
Peer Mentors meet with prospective and current majors to provide advice and information regarding Economics.
Congratulations to the 2022 Senior Essay Prize Nominees and Winners!
Many people think economics is the study of phenomena such as recessions and inflation, and perhaps of financial markets as well.
Why Choose Yale Economics?
6 Biggest Lies About Majoring in Economics
by Craig Palsson, Ph.D. 2017