I am currently in a Master’s program and would like to transfer coursework. Is this possible?

The Yale Graduate School does not accept transfer students. The presumption is that students who receive a Yale doctoral degree do their studies at Yale. Students currently enrolled in a Master’s or doctoral program elsewhere who wish to apply to a Yale doctoral program may do so through the normal admissions procedure. They must meet all the application requirements including the deadline for submission. Students may, after one year of course work at Yale, petition the Economics Department and the Graduate School to waive up to one year of course work at Yale in view of prior graduate-level course work completed elsewhere. All other requirements, including the comprehensive examination, the economic history requirement, oral examinations, and the econometrics paper, must be completed at Yale.