- Main Menu
- Sub Menu
- MA Program
- Considering An Econ Major?
- Major Requirements
- First-Year Placement
- Forms and Documents
- DUS/Advisor Office Hours
- Senior Essay
- Resources for Economics Majors
- Ph.D. Program Preparation
- Employment Opportunities
- Student Organizations
- Behavioral Sciences Workshop
- Cowles Lunch Talk
- Development Lunch
- Development Workshop
- Econometrics Prospectus Lunch
- Econometrics Research Workshop
- Econometrics Seminar
- Economic History Workshop
- Environmental Economics Seminar
- Faculty Recruiting
- Finance & Accounting Seminar (SOM)
- Graduate Summer Workshop
- Industrial Organization Prospectus Workshop
- Industrial Organization Seminar
- International Trade Lunch
- International Trade Workshop
- Labor/Public Economics Prospectus
- Labor/Public Economics Workshop
- LEO Workshop
- Leitner Political Economy Seminar
- Macro Lunch
- Macroeconomics Workshop
- Marketing Seminar (SOM)
- Micro Theory Lunch
- Microeconomic Theory Workshop
- Peer Mentoring
- Wasserman Workshop in Law & Finance
- YINS Distinguished Lecture Series
- YLS Center for the Study of Corporate Law
Wayne Yuan Gao is a 5th-year PhD student. He is currenlty on the job market and will be available for interviews during the 2019 ASSA meetings in Atlanta, GA.
Wayne’s research interests are in econometrics and microeconomic theory, with a special focus on social and economic networks. He has worked on research topics such as semi/non-parametric identification and estimation, econometric and micro-theoretical models of network formation, local information in social networks, and panel multinomial choice models.
- “Minimax Linear Estimation at a Boundary Point”, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 2018, 165, 262-269.
- “Structural Inference from Reduced Forms with Many Instruments”, joint with Peter C.B. Phillips, Journal of Econometrics, 2017, 199(2), 96-116.
- “Informal Insurance Networks”, joint with Eunyoung Moon, B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, 2016, 16(2), 455-484.
- Robust Semiparametric Estimation in Panel Multinomial Choice Models, with Ming Li.
- “Informal Risk Sharing with Local Information”, joint with Attila Ambrus & Pau Milan, July 2018: revised and resubmitted to Econometrica.
- “Nonparametric Identification in Index Models of Link Formation”, May 2018.
Work in Progress
- Logical Differencing in Network Formation Models under Non-Transferable Utilities, with Ming Li and Sheng Xu.
- A Unified Model of Network Bargaining and Network Formation.
- Ranking of Preference Profiles.