Research Fellow – Yale Law School
• Two full-time positions available.
• Position begins June 2019 in New Haven, CT. Fellowships last for one year, with an option to renew for a second year by mutual agreement of the professor and the fellow. Preference is given to applicants who are able to work for two years.
• Salary will be competitive with other full-time research fellowship and research assistant
Ian Ayres, the William K. Townsend Professor at Yale Law School, and Zachary Liscow, Associate Professor at Yale Law School, are seeking two empirical research assistants to assist with research projects. Day-to-day work includes brainstorming, conceptualization of suitable empirical methodologies, collecting and structuring datasets, performing econometric analysis in Stata and
interpreting results, undertaking literature reviews, and drafting manuscripts. Work also may include implementing field experiments and conducting surveys.
Previous Fellows have gone on to attend top law schools, enroll in PhD programs, and win prestigious fellowships.
Professor Ayres’s recent research has included work on innovation policy, behavioral economics, corporate finance and law, civil rights, and contract law. For more information, visit his website, http://www.ianayres.com.
Professor Liscow’s research focuses on tax policy, inequality, and local public finance. For more information, visit his website, https://www.law.yale.edu/zachary-liscow.
• B.A. or M.A. in Economics/Statistics (or equivalent).
• Strong econometrics background and experience programming in Stata. Python programming experience a plus.
• Eagerness to take initiative and solve intricate problems.
Please send a resume, a cover letter, an unofficial transcript, the contact details of two or three academic references, and, if available, a writing sample (ideally empirical work) together as one PDF document, to Jacob Waggoner (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Ayres/Liscow RF:
[Last Name].” If you are interested in committing to work for two years, please state that.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not possible for this position. Please do not hesitate to contact Jacob, at the email address above, with questions about the position.