COVID-19 Graduate Resources
- Teaching FAQs for FAS Faculty and Teaching Fellows
- Academic Continuity Resources: Guiding Principles for Teaching Fellows
- HBR Faculty Lounge Newsletter - “5 Essential Tips for Teaching Online”
- Avoid “Zoombombers” from trolling your online classes (New York Times article)
Good morning all,
Hope you are doing well and getting out for some fresh air these days. Spring term classes will be coming to an end in late April. There are a few classes with final exams booked during exam period, and there may be others that faculty schedule outside of this period with each class individually.
Here are final exams booked during exam period:
- Friday, May 1st 9:00-12:00 Economics 501b Microeconomics. Zhen Huo
- Monday, May 4th 9:00-12:00 Economics 581b Economics History. Naomi Lamoreaux, Jose Espin-Sanchez
- Wednesday, May 6th 9:00-12:00 Economics 511b Macroeconomics. Giuseppe Moscarini
Instructions for these exams will be provided by instructor.
Thanks for your attention.
As a result of the CORVID-19 virus outbreak and closure of the University, Stata Corporation has agreed to provide licenses to members of the Yale community which will be valid through May 31, 2020.
These are available free of charge on this page (CAS sign-in required): https://economics.yale.edu/help/stata).
LETTER FROM THE CHAIR REGARDING BUILDING ACCESS:
Dear Department of Economics Faculty, Students, Visitors, Predocs, and Staff:
Following University policy restricting building access for faculty and students, the University is planning to lock all campus buildings. You will no longer be able to access buildings with your Yale ID. If you have approval from the FAS Dean’s Office to enter a building, you will need to be escorted by Yale Security.
The University’s policy is consistent with directives from the State of Connecticut and is for the safety of faculty, students, and staff, and that of the broader community, and it is being complied with and enforced across the University. The FAS Dean’s Office understands that these policies are burdensome and impose hardship and greatly appreciates your cooperation in ensuring their smooth implementation during these extremely stressful and challenging times.
Our buildings (27, 28, 30, 37 Hillhouse) will be locked as of 5PM on Wednesday, March 26. If you need to get anything from your office, please do so before then.
Thank you and stay well.
Dorothy Ovelar, Administrative Director
Tony Smith, Chair Department of Economics