Adobe has an app called Adobe Scan which can create PDFs from a smartphone camera. Steps below.
- Download and install the app
- Tap the Already have an Adobe ID at the bottom of the screen
- Sign in using your Yale email address.
- Choose the Company or School Account option when prompted to select an account.
- Sign in with your Yale NetID and Password when prompted.
- If prompted, enter the DUO password
- When the app launches the first time, allow Adobe Scan to access your camera
- Use the app to scan a document with the camera. A blue border will surround the document. Use the border handles to encompass either all or part of the document you want to save.
- Use the icon at the bottom of the screen to edit the picture (e.g., crop, rotate, etc.) and tap Save PDF at the upper right of the screen.
- Tap the Share icon and then the Share a Copy icon
- Select the app you want to use to share/save the docuemnt to. Note, you may need to scroll to the right to see additonal app icons.
Alternative Scaner Apps: