Room B-03 at 451 College Street comes equipped with a large screen display, a camera, and a microphone array for presenting and hosting Zoom meetings. Below are instructions for connecting a personal laptop to the screen, camera, and microphones with Zoom.
For best results using this system, see Tips for Using Zoom.
Connecting a Personal Laptop to Present
- Connect the correct video cable adapter to the video port. The main video cable is an HDMI cable, but it includes adapters for USB-C, Mini DisplayPort, and mini-HDMI ports.
If Zoom will be used during a presentation, connect the camera USB cable to a free USB port on your computer. The cable has a USB-C adapter if needed.
- Launch the Zoom application and click the Settings cogwheel icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- In the Zoom video and audio settings, select the Logi Rally Bar in the respective field.
NOTE: For best performance, the microphone settings should be set to “Automatically adjust microphone volume” and Suppress background noise should be set to “Low.”
- The presenter should stand under the microphone hanging above the podium at the front of the room.
- Configure Zoom audio settings for best performance.
- Speak loudly, clearly, and enunciate.