REMI is seeking an Associate Analyst to join its team. The successful candidate will work with our Economic Development team to drive forward REMI’s mission to inform policy with research-based analysis.
REMI provides the nation’s leading economic policy analysis models. We actively engage with the analysis of major policy areas, from transportation and economic development to taxation. We examine specific issues such as trade and tariffs, immigration, Amazon HQ2.0 location, carbon tax, the Affordable Care Act, and transportation investments. Clients include: associations such as the Business Roundtable and the NFIB; consulting firms such as NERA, Charles River Associates, and Booz Allen Hamilton; and think tanks and universities like the University of Michigan. We also work with a range of government agencies, including Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Georgia Department of Transportation, and others.
Ideal candidates for this position will be motivated to:
- Develop skills in using REMI models, which are complex econometric models
- Engage and support clients on REMI’s economic models
- Identify and troubleshoot client concerns
- Research, compile, analyze, interpret and prepare economic data
Candidate requirements include:
- B.A. or M.S. in economics or related subject, with strong academic performance
- Computer programing, Excel and strong math skills are a plus
- Organizational, analytical and quantitative skills required
- Ability to analyze public policy in an economic framework
- Extracurricular activities that demonstrate teamwork and initiative
Founded in 1980, REMI (Regional Economic Models, Inc.) is the nation’s leading provider of regional modeling software and analysis. Our models are used in the U.S. and internationally for estimating the total economic and demographic effects of policy changes. The model is based on peer-reviewed literature in the Journal of Regional Science, American Economic Review, and other publications. Our clients include federal, state and local agencies, trade associations, major nonprofit organizations, universities, and consulting firms. REMI is based in Amherst, Massachusetts.
Working for REMI
Employees of REMI receive a competitive salary in addition to the following benefits: paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and a 401K retirement plan.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and transcripts via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.