Room B04 at 451 College Street comes equipped with an audio/visual (AV) cart. The AV cart includes a touchscreen control system to power on and off the projector, lower the projector screen and switch the projector between the built-in cart Windows computer or a user’s personal laptop. Below are instructions for using the system for either the room PC or a personal laptop. The second set of steps explains how to connect the room camera/microphone to Zoom.
Using the Touchscreen Control System
- Press anywhere on the touch screen to evoke the control panel. Press the red Power button on the touch screen to turn on the AV system and lower the projector screen.
- Select the PC choice on the touch screen to output the audio and visual signals either from the room PC or a personal laptop.
- After presenting, press the power button to turn off the AV system.
Connecting a Personal Laptop to Present
- If using a personal laptop, connect the correct video cable adapter to the video port. The main video cable is an HDMI cable, but it includes adapters for USB-C, Thunderbolt, and mini-HDMI. A power outlet is located on the top of the rack inside the cart.
If Zoom will be used during a presentation, connect the USB cable found on the top of the cart to a free USB port on your computer. The cable leads to a switch located at the top of the cart rack.
The switch allows users to toggle the room camera between the room PC and a personal laptop by pressing the silver button (switch position 1 to activate the room PC; switch position 2 to activate a personal laptop).
Note: Additional USB devices can be plugged into the switch if extra ports are needed.
To use the room camera with Zoom, launch Zoom and open the video settings. The camera should automatically select, but if not, use the dropdown menu to select the camera. Note the same is true for the microphone settings, as the room camera has a built-in microphone.
Using the Room PC to Present
- Sign in to the room PC with your Yale NetID and Password using the room PC keyboard and mouse.
- Launch your presentation with the application of choice, e.g., Adobe Acrobat Reader or PowerPoint.
- If using Zoom during a presentation, launch Zoom. The camera should automatically select, but if not, use the dropdown menu to select the camera. The same is true for the microphone settings, as the room camera has a built-in microphone.
Note: If the video feed from the camera is not appearing, you may need to press the silver button on the switch control in the cabinet to switch the devices to the room PC.
- Remember to sign out of the computer for security.